Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions

It has been a very (very, very) long time since I posted. Things went crazy here last summer. I finished graduate school, I took a temporary gig as an instructor for Student Nurses from a local college, I stopped being an ICU Nurse (part-time, which felt like full-time) and am now a Clinical Nurse Educator at another local hospital. All these changes really decreased my mental capacity for blogging.

2011 seems like a good time to take on some Official Resolutions.
  • I will exercise more and make healthier food choices. (Please note I did not say "lose 100 lbs" or "diet." Those resolutions set me up for failure every time I make them.) This one will entail more time outdoors and participation in our CSA.
  • I will strive to spend more time enjoying my kids than being annoyed with them. This will involve being more consistent with chore expectations and homework expectations, so that we can have some quality family time with less nagging and weeping and gnashing of teeth. Hopefully, my new schedule (off every weekend), will promote some fun family outings and enjoyment of our lovely State.
  • I will use what I have more often, concentrate on sticking to a budget, and decrease our debt load. This one is most likely going to involve knitting from the yarn stash I already own. It also means I am struggling mightily with the decision to purchase (or not) the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club for 2011. I seriously don't NEED anymore sock yarn. Seriously. But does exclusive, hand-dyed sock yarn really count as "stash?"
I have some knitting projects and new yarns to share, and some books I'm reading, so hopefully this old blog will have some new life in 2011. If you are reading this, thanks for stopping by, see you soon.

1 comment:

TLC said...

Nice to see you're blogging again and looking forward to hearing about the knitting! I want to let you know,too, that your talk about the CSA has sparked my interest and I found that we have some CSA options here, and I will be participating in one this year. :) Happy blogging!!